It's 2021, and gas prices are the highest they have been in years. As a result, some of us are pinching pennies to fill up. Many people will have their tricks and tips on how to save money on gas. Some try to save by buying a certain way, whereas others try to change their driving habits. These are our top 5 tips on how to save some cash on gasoline:
- Compare gas prices using the Gasbuddy app. There are plenty of apps and websites out there that let you check gas prices at various gas stations near you. An excellent one for seeking out the lowest prices is Gasbuddy. These resources are free of use, and it uses your current location to filter out the best rates in your area. The rates are uploaded by other app or site users alike.
- Go easy on the gas. We advise you to cruise at a steady pace and not heavily to accelerate every chance you get. Especially on the highway, try to employ cruise control to get the most out of your gas.
- Don't carry heavy loads. You should avoid storing bulky and heavy things in your car. The more stuff you lug around, the more fuel you'll end up burning. We recommend that you only bring your essential items with you when driving.
- Try to limit your HVAC usage.Whenever you blast cold or hot air in the car, it consumes excess gas. It can significantly lower your MPG if it is constantly running at high power. It is advised that you roll down the windows when the weather is permitting to save some money.
- Tire maintenance is key.Your tires play a tremendous role in affecting your fuel efficiency. Your wheels are expected to deflate over time with wear and tear. As a car owner, you should frequently examine their condition and top them off with air when needed. It would help if you also made a note of their tread, as uneven wear can decrease fuel efficiency.
With these five tips, you can begin to save money on gas as early as today. If you implement these tips into your routine, let us know how it goes. Additionally, you need to take your vehicle to Gowen's Automotive Repairs for routine scheduled maintenance to optimize your MPG.We welcome you to give us a call or visit us today!